Friday 9 December 2016

Friday night interlude with Radio Luxemburg!

Growing up in the sixties and seventies one of my main sources of music was none other than Radio Luxembourg which I, like many of my peers would listen to on a small transistor radio under the bedclothes.

The English language service of Radio Luxembourg actually began broadcasting in 1933 and ran until 1992.



The only problem with listening to this station was the fading in and out which always seemed to happen when listening to my favourite tracks. Didn't stop me or anyone else tuning in.

There were some good Disc Jockeys that I remember like Stuart Henry, Tony Prince, Kid Jensen and Emperor Roscoe.

For those of you who are of a certain generation will hopefully enjoy this trip down memory lane!



No comments:

Post a Comment