Full report: https://antisemitism.uk/
Draft resolution for your Trade Union
This Union notes:
This Union has a proud history of fighting antisemitism and enforces a “No Platform” policy against racists.
- On 12th December 2016, the British government adopted the International Definition of Antisemitism as widely adopted around the world and by institutions such as the National Union of Students and the UK College of Policing. The definition is published at antisemitism.uk/definition).
- The Palestine Solidarity Campaign states that it is “opposed to all forms of racism, including anti-Jewish prejudice”.
- A report by Campaign Against Antisemitism, an apolitical, cross-denominational charity concerned with protecting Jews from antisemitism, has reviewed one month of comments on the Facebook page of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign. Their research found evidence of horrific antisemitic hate speech, including calls for Jews to be murdered. Over 7% of all user comments and replies on PSC posts were antisemitic, and there was very little counter speech by PSC supporters. PSC moderators removed other forms of hate speech, but not antisemitism.
- That all forms of bigotry, including antisemitism, must be vigorously opposed by our Union.
- That our Union must not be associated with or affiliated to any organisation that promotes or tolerates anti-semitism.
- That political discourse about Israel or any other issue can only be truly free and open when it is conducted in the absence of bigotry.
- To end all association with and affiliation to the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and not to renew it until the Palestine Solidarity Campaign adopts and enforces the International Definition of Antisemitism.
- That the Secretary is mandated to write to the Chair of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign and the Chairman of Campaign Against Antisemitism, informing them of this Union’s resolution.